As Director of Lakin Preschool for over 20 years, I am so proud of Lakin Preschool’s reputation for excellence and high standards in early education. Some highlights of our program include:
- Certification: Our teachers hold Pennsylvania Certificates in Kindergarten and Nursery School Education.
- Length of Day: Our school day begins at 9:00am, and dismissal is at 11:30am. Early drop-off is available each morning starting at 7:30am. We offer the option for your child to stay for lunch, as well as a wide variety of afternoon programs that can extend your child’s stay.
- Facilities: Our facilities include classrooms, a mat room for indoor play, an outdoor playground, a playroom and the use of a large social hall for running and game playing.
- Security: Only students, parents, authorized caregivers and staff are permitted into the building. The front door is always locked, and those wishing to enter must first announce themselves in front of a security camera.
- Shabbat: Every Friday morning, we celebrate Shabbat with a challah snack and Shabbat songs. We encourage parents to sign up to be “Shabbat Parent” at least once during the school year, where they join their child and a classmate of their choice to help say the blessings and songs during this special weekly tradition.
Of course, the best way to learn about Lakin Preschool is to stop by for a visit. There you can see our classes “in action,” meet our teachers, and even have your child participate for a portion of the day. We are happy to work around your schedule.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Judy Synnamon, Director