The Mount Sinai Cemetery, located on New Holland Avenue in Shillington is the oldest Jewish cemetery in continuous use in Berks County. The newly formed Temple Oheb Sholom purchased the front half of the cemetery 1865, and the rear portion in 1899.
The Cemetery Committee of Reform Congregation Oheb Sholom coordinates funerals with the Rabbi and funeral homes, handles the purchase of cemetery plots, and supervises the maintenance of the cemetery grounds.The cemetery committee has prepared information for members, explaining the rules and regulations at Mount Sinai Cemetery. The printable brochure is available here:
Map: Click here to view a map of the cemetery and surrounding area.